|Ladies, if you want to have a successful dating life, certain phrases should never come out of your glossy lips. Here they are:|
1. WHEN WILL I SEE YOU AGAIN? Youíll see him when you see him. If he wants to see you again, heíll call. If not, next. You donít have time for anyone that doesnít have time for you.
2. WHY DIDNíT YOU CALL? Thereís only one answer to this question: Because he didnít want to!!! What youíre really asking is, ďWhy didnít you want to call me?Ē Who knows!! There could be a lot of reasons, but you shouldnít be sitting around wondering why. You should be out dating lots of different guys and not worrying about ONE guy. Donít be so quick to put all your eggs into one basket, because if they break, itís a big mess!
3. WHERE WERE YOU? If he wanted you to know where he was, heíd tell you. What youíre really asking is, ďWhere you with another female that you like better than me?Ē Your insecurity is showing, my dear. If anything, he should be wondering where you were.
4. I LOVE YOU (FIRST) - Youíre saying it in the hopes that heíll say it back, but what if he doesnít? Youíll be devastated and probably feel foolish. Saying ďI love youĒ is not going to speed things up if heís not ready to say it back. So just cool it, and let him be the first to say it when heís ready.
5. DID YOU SLEEP WITH HER? As long as heís not sleeping with her now, who cares? The past is gone. Donít torture yourself (and him) with these thoughts. In this case, ignorance really is bliss.
6. IíM PREGNANT. In 2005, with all the birth control choices available, there is no excuse for becoming pregnant, unless you want to be. You should be using something and he should use a condom, every time.
7. WHERE IS THIS GOING? Nowhere fast if thatís your attitude. Guys want someone fun and easy to be with, not someone thatís constantly worrying about the future. His actions or non-actions will tell you where itís going. If itís going somewhere, youíll know it. If itís not, youíll know it too.
8. WE NEED TO TALK. This is the equivalent of, ďGo to the principalís officeĒ. Guys know itís not going to be a fun conversation, so theyíre already on the defense. If you need to discuss something, just casually bring it up when the both of you are relaxed. Donít try to talk to him when heís tired, stressed or trying to watch tv!
9. I HATE YOU! Even if you do, itís totally uncalled for and un-lady like. If thereís an issue, be mature enough to discuss it when youíre calm. If heís breaking up with you, reacting with anger may make you feel better temporarily, but itís best to remain calm and act unfazed. Heíll wonder why youíre so cool about it and that may make him re-think his decision. Always be pleasant during a break up. Do you want to be known as the girl that goes psycho if someone breaks up with her?? I didnít think so.
10. I DONíT TRUST YOU. What youíre actually saying is, ďYou need to step up your game, because I can see youíre up to something.Ē If he is up to something, heíll just become even sneakier. Better to think smart and act dumb-itíll be easier to get the evidence you need to confirm your suspicions.
About the Author
Lucia is a dating and relationship expert, columnist, lecturer and host of the TV Show "The Art of Love". With over 20 years experience on the relationship market, Lucia's practical know-how makes her the perfect candidate to dispense advice Ė in almost every dating dilemma she has been there, done that and lived to tell about it. To read more articles, go to: http://www.theartoflove.net